Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The work begins

So the assignments are finally rolling in and work has begun.  I've started reading for some of my classes, but it's a bit of a struggle to get through pages of dry material on the deck of a cruise ship.
 
MLIA (Acronym for My Life Is Average) Post:
 
Today I was studying today with this girl Amanda from Puerto Rico and I asked her what she was reading.  She told me she was reading the material for global studies, but that she reads slow in English.  I told her I do too. MLIA.
 
I've started planning an independent trip to India to see the Taj Mahal. Most of the Semester at Sea sponsored trips run over $1,300, so a group of us are trying to organize a trip for under $500.  Hopefully it will work out.

3 comments:

  1. Hard to think of any day on SAS as "average". What about MLIA - my life is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it on your own!! You will experience it so much more and really be tripped out (in a good way) about the life of India. Do as much as you can independent. Except maybe China...

    ReplyDelete